Friday, July 31, 2009

I Am

I Am
I am the breeze that ruffles your hair, yet chills you to the bone. 
I am the sun that warms the air, yet scalds your naked skin.
I am the rain that makes flowers grow, yet soaks you to your core.
I am the fire that hints at romance, yet burns houses to the ground.
I am every tear you shed.
I am every smile you see.
I am the pain in your head or maybe your heart. 
I am the aspirin that you need.
I am the hand that leads you home.
I am the wall that blocks your path.
I am standing in your shadows.
I am the light that shines in your darkness.
I am the snake you're terrified of.
I am the bunny rabbit you can't get enough of.
I am the backstabber who betrays you.
I am the journal that keeps all your secrets.
I am the writing on the wall that you can't understand.
I am the letter you get from a friend that explains things clear as day.
I am what you hate.
I am what you love.
I am not you. I am me.
I am with you. I am just a memory.

No comments: