Friday, July 31, 2009

The Genie

My Mother passed away in February of 2000. The majority of my writings are about her. 


I wrote this while I was bored at work one night. January 28th, 2002 to be exact :)
The Genie
A genie came to me last night.
Gave me one wish, but it had to be for someone else.
I told him all about you and all you did for me.
He asked what he should do, to repay you for everything.
     "There's nowhere to begin," I cried. "Shes already seen the end.
     The only was to see her now is to sleep and start to dream."
So, he touched my head and made the darkness follow.
I found myself alone, in a deep dark patch of weeds.
I kept on walking, thinking, "What the hell is this?"
All of a sudden, someone hugged me and gave me a big kiss.
They were holding me so tight, I couldn't see a face.
Now the only thing I wanted was to get out of this strange place.
At last, they released me and I started running free.
Then I heard a voice cry out, "My Tina! My Doll! It's me!"
I turned to see two big blue eyes, shining back at me.
God, this is what I wished for. This is exactly what I wanted to see.
I wanted to see my Mother, walking all around.
It seemed a little funny to me, but her feet never touched the ground.
But I got my wish granted last night.
I saw my Mom, my heart.
I woke and thanked the genie then said, 
"Now my healing can start."
Miss You Mother <3

No comments: